Friday, November 21, 2008

An eye for the absurd



Look at these 2 dog signs from the ACC. You have to admire the sign writers' eye for detail. In one, look at the steam arising from the fresh droppings. In the other, look at how the dog is caught, in flagrante delicto, mid crouch. I think the droppings are more biologically representative too.

These photos were taken outside 2 different parks in the area, so clearly there is no consistent policy on how their anti-fouling message should be portrayed.

It is having an eye for the absurd that keeps me amused through sometimes long sometimes lonely days at home with a baby. It is a great gift being so easily amused, and one that I wish to pass on to you.

Next year I am going to announce a "bedazzler" challange. It will be a competition which you are invited to join. All you have to do, is think of a something to bedazzle. I'm signalling this now, so you can keep a lazy eye out for opportunities. 

It's Thursday, so the end of my blogging week. Next week I'm going to try blogging every second day, Sunday,Tuesday and Thursday. I only sew something every fortnight, and while material is plentiful, got to keep the quality up, now don't we? 


 

4 comments:

  1. Mary Nanna, I applaud your excellent choice of blog topics today. I am going to look around Nelson for similar signage so that we can compare and contrast shapes/steam/etc.

    And what a great idea about the bedazzler! I might bedazzle a teacosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have to say, we just don't have that kind of quality in our signage around these Maine parts, and quel dommage about that!

    All we get is "Please pick up after your dog." Booooooring.

    I am so glad to have found another blog to watch!

    XO
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I like to change things up from time to time. Excrement and sequins have their place in this world and don't you let anyone tell you differently.

    Oh goodness...I think I've got my Bedazzling project already mapped out.

    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they have ones for cats? No-Doo-Doo Signs, I meant.

    ReplyDelete