Ok.. here's the first of the bags I plan to make from this pattern.
It took me 3 Benjy sleeps to make it. After he went down for the night, I cut out the pattern. During his morning sleep, I sewed about half of it. Then while he was happily playing with his toys, I unpicked a seam I knew I shouldn't have tried sewing.
I don't know about you, but I can NEVER topstitch something on one side, catching a hem on the other (usually advice given for attaching collars or waistbands.) One of them always looks bad. I prefer to slip stitch the hem discreetly into place on the inside of the garment.
But I was in a hurry, and well, things got ugly, despite the badge's stern warning.
During his afternoon sleep I finished it off with a scant minute to spare. You will no doubt recognise the fabric as being my spotlight purchase and the remnants of that dress.
The instructions were clearly written for total beginners. One instruction reads, "press seams open" and then it has a picture with the seams pressed open.
Wow! It's really hard to believe there was a time when I could not have followed that instruction without a picture.