Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sisterhood blogging award

A few days ago I received this sisterhood blogging award from Cindy.


Thanks, Cindy that was so sweet of you. What's more she got it from Lindsay T. Now if you don't follow Pattern Review you won't know she is, but if you do, you'll know she is a BIG name in the sewing world.

There are people on Pattern Review that have sewing celebrity status. You can guarantee if they make something about 20 people will comment. Sometimes the coolest things get a couple of comments but if Amanda S or Erica B or Lindsay T or the very unfortunately named Kaye Y (say her name aloud and you'll get what I mean) made it you can guarantee that there will be a flurry of comments.

It always makes me laugh, but then again, when you look at what they make you can see why. They have got their style sorted and the standard of their workmanship is outstanding. (Bias taped armholes anyone? Embroidered bagged linings? How about a couture finished coat? )

I was thinking about who to nominate, but I always come up with the same problem. I don't like leaving anybody out, because I read a lot of blogs and everyone's got something to offer.

It did make me think about what I value in a blog, and so I am passing on the spirit of the award. So here it is, I would like to show my appreciation for all blogs out there that:

have a sense of fun
show an enjoyment in the creative process
reveal a sense of the person and their life in an honest and real way

Lots of sewing to show in the weekend, when my photographer is home from work... have sewn a retro tunic, have sewn my trousers and the fit is very good, ...working on my silk chiffon top.

And best of all, none of it will involve me standing in my lining, with underwear revealed, pointing out my lumps of fat.

I think we can now all breathe a sigh of relief.

Happy sewing everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the piccies!

    Have a great weekend,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting paranoid that my blog does not present a sense of the real person in an honest and meaningful way. In front of you all, I now confess that I am not always a wholesome, home-made-is-best mother. Sometimes I buy biscuits. Often I am wearing nothing home-made.
    Sigh...that's better.

    ReplyDelete