Thursday, November 20, 2008

My pledge


Of all the intriguing sewing behaviour that occurs on Pattern Review, the one that impresses me most is the "home sewn pledge." That is when the people commit, for a year, not to buy a single item of clothing from a store.  If they want it, they have to make it. It excludes shoes and underwear, thank goodness, for everyone's sakes.  
Think how good your sewing would have to be if you were condemned to a year of home made. You'd certainly want to have a better success rate than me. Think how many times I'd be forced to wear my shirt dress, and not just when I'm cleaning the toilet.

But I have come up with my own pledge. I am not allowed to buy any fabric unless it matches a pattern in stash. Conversely, I am not allowed to buy any pattern unless it matches fabric in stash.  For the rest of the year.  That's 6 weeks, let's not get too carried away.

First up, this little cross stitch from the Sally Army purchased today, that will be teamed with fabric and a clip from stash to make a broach. (idea courtesy Jenni-from-across-the-road).


1 comment:

  1. I pledge to buy fabric when I see it, buy clothes if I like them, use none of the fabric from my stash if I don't feel like, and to avoid vaccuuming as much as possible. Does anyone want to take the "Do whatever the @#&$%&@# I feel like" pledge?

    ReplyDelete