Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The fuller figured friend


Motherhood is a humbling experience in so very many ways, but nowhere is the evidence of humility more visible than at my waist line.

That's when I decided to reacquaint myself with the joys of the elasticated waistband. So convenient...when those post baby inches finally disappear from my body I can cinch it all back in.  

Meanwhile, I have this comfy little bias skirt. I did away with the front drawstring detail (like I need anything more going on down my front) and just popped in a heavier duty elastic. 

I don't like to give the impression that I whip things up, but this skirt, with its fold over casing and machine turned hem, was an afternoon's work. 

You've seen the hat, here's the skirt (Butterick 4522), in all its expandable glory.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very Holly Hobby, if you don't mind my saying so. In a good way, yes, a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pa ha ha that's so funny Miss Smith because my alternate title was ..Heeeello Holly Hobby!

    ReplyDelete