Isn't she a beauty? Isn't this so totally me? Let me count the ways.
1) made with lilac tweed purchased from thrift shop
2) lined with fake shantung purchased from thrift shop. Pattern includes internal pocket and key ring.
3) wouldn't the Queen mum have just loved its delightful texture in shades of lavender?
4) the kit of hardware you purchase with the bag pattern has really good quality sturdy studs.
5) it neatly fits all things required for my lifestyle - sunglasses, umbrella (often used simultaneously) sketch book, purse, keys, snack box.
6) the proportions of the bag are really aesthetically as well as practically pleasing. I have included a body shot so you can see how the bag sits on the body.
|a new bag with an old bag|
We made the bag in our sewing guild meeting, and we were lucky enough to have Karen (the designer of the bags) herself be our tutor. A whole day of uninterrupted sewing. A room full of sewing enthusiasts. Learning new techniques. Priceless.